- Managing Director, Speaker & Co-author of "Return of the Vikings - Nordic Leadership in Times of Extreme Change". Chris is American / Danish national with a unique "outsider on the inside" perspective to Nordic Leadership.
Chris is a cultural adventurer. Raised in the US Midwest, he has lived and worked internationally for over 20 years. He worked for Scandinavian Airlines for many years in a variety of leadership roles across three continents, giving him a unique “outsider on the inside” perspective to Nordic Leadership. Currently, he is a Managing Director of IME, A Danish business foundation specializing in leadership development and executive education. He is co-author of "Return of the Vikings - Nordic Leadership in Times of Extreme Change" an inspirational book for Managers & Executives seeking inspiration in the trust-based Nordic approach to leadership, its origins in the Viking era, and its relevance in a world characterized by extreme change and complexity. Chris holds an Executive MBA from Henley Business School, a BA in International Relations, and is a certified executive coach.
In 2018, Chris was speaker at events in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, China, Singapore, Spain & USA.
All events postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19.
- Henley Global Excecutive MBA, Copenhagen, Denmark
- L'oreal - Nordic Team Day, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Master Class – Distributed Leadership, Lok Jack Global School of Business, Trinidad
- Swedish American Chamber of commerce – Stockholm, Sweden
- Henley Global Master Class – Munich, Germany
- Fordragstjenesten VIP – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Nordea Investors – Denmark
- Nordic Leadership in Times of Extreme Change and Uncertainty – Nordic Leadership is the model for the future - Copenhagen, Denmark
- MPI Denmark - Copenhagen, Denmark
- Return of The Vikings - book launch event
- Nordic Chambers - Singapore
- Nordic Chambers - Shanghai, China
- Entrepreneurs World Summit - Stockholm, Sweden
- Abott Nordic Team Day - Oslo, Norway
- Q Group - Global team seminar - Barcelona, Spain
- Danish Management Society (VL Døgnet) annual event
- South Swedish Chamber of Commerce - Malmø, Sweden
- Henley Business School Master Class - Helsinki, Finland
- SAS Pandaen and Diamand event - Denmark, Norway & Stockholm
- IDA - Danish Association of Engineers annual event on Leadership - "Ledelse det styrker" - Copenhagen, Denmark
Henley Executive MBA - The Nordic Way
Speaker at Nordic Leadership event, Carlsberg - Copenhagen, Denmark
Return of the Vikings - Book launch Copenhagen
It's time to learn, unlearn and relearn
Henley - Talk at Danish Design Center
Henley - NAERT
The book tells the story of the rich heritage of the Nordic peoples: as explorers, navigators, trendsetters, political and educational innovators. This provides deep roots, traced back to the Viking era and the nine noble virtues of Nordic mythology. And it still informs the way the Nordic peoples live and work today.
Authors: Chris Shern & Henrik Jeberg.