- Managing Director, Speaker & Co-author of "Return of the Vikings - Nordic Leadership in Times of Extreme Change". Chris is American / Danish national with a unique "outsider on the inside" perspective to Nordic Leadership.
Chris Shern is American / Danish national and has worked for over 25 years for Scandinavian organizations in a variety of leadership roles across three continents. His unique "outsider on the inside" perspective to Nordic leadership inspired him to co-author the book "Return of the Vikings - Nordic Leadership in Times of Extreme Change" an inspirational book for managers & people with an interest in the way of the Nordics, Nordic Leadership, philosophy, culture and the historical link to the Viking era.
Currently, Chris is a Managing Director at IME, specializing in leadership development and executive education and is driven to inspire others through courses and training in the inclusive, collaborative, and trust based nordic approach to leadership.
In 2018, Chris was speaker at events in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, China, Singapore, Spain & USA.
To get Chris to your next event book him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide a short explanation about the event and dates and we will get back to you asap.
Or connect with Chris on LinkedIn.
- Return of The Vikings - book launch even-
- Nordic Chambers - Singapore
- Nordic Chambers - Shanghai, China
- Entrepreneurs World Summit - Stockholm, Sweden
- Abott Nordic Team Day - Oslo, Norway
- Q Group - Global team seminar - Barcelona, Spain
- Danish Management Society (VL Døgnet) annual event
- South Swedish Chamber of Commerce - Malmø, Sweden
- Henley Business School Master Class - Helsinki, Finland
- SAS Pandaen and Diamand event - Denmark, Norway & Stockholm
- IDA - Danish Association of Engineers annual event on Leadership - "Ledelse det styrker" - Copenhagen, Denmark
Speaker at Nordic Leadership event, Carlsberg - Copenhagen, Denmark
Book launch - Return of the Vikings
It is time to learn, unlearn and relearn
See Chris Shern speaking & presentation from IDA's leadership event - Ledelse det Styrker (Copenhagen, DK - November 2018) HERE
The book tells the story of the rich heritage of the Nordic peoples: as explorers, navigators, trendsetters, political and educational innovators. This provides deep roots, traced back to the Viking era and the nine noble virtues of Nordic mythology. And it still informs the way the Nordic peoples live and work today.
Authors: Chris Shern & Henrik Jeberg.